According to an informed source, the upcoming new model MacBook/Air refresh will sport a 12-inch design close to the current 11.6-inch model, but will feature significant internal differences.
The updated MacBook will reportedly not have a fan, will feature a Retina display, and redesigned trackpad. This new trackpad will ditch the mechanical button that has been in the multi-touch trackpads since they first debuted. Instead, the new Air will use only tap gestures for clicking but may feature
Previously covered a KGI report stating that a 12-inch Retina MacBook Air was in the works. According to that report, the computer will launch in Q2 or Q3 of this year, and could potentially cost less than current models.
“12-inch MacBook with new design + Retina Display:
Smaller MacBook with entirely new design
Launching in either Q2 or Q3 of 2014
12-inch screen, but as portable as current 11-inch MacBook Air and productive as 13- inch MacBook Air
Higher-resolution display (Retina)
Will “redefine laptop computing” once again just like the current MacBook Air design
Thinner/lighter than MacBook Air, new clamshell structure
Will run on Intel chip, not Apple-based A8 processor
Potentially lower-cost than current Apple notebooks
Finally, the insider also notes that updated 13- and 15-inch MacBook Pros will be available in or around September. These updates will reportedly be mostly spec bumps rather than significant upgrades. The poster also mentioned that the iWatch isn’t imminent but would likely come late in the year.
- Upcoming iPhone6 Described As A Cross Between iPhone 5c and iPod Nano (7th gen)
- Will You Choose $67 Cheaper 8GB iPhone 5c
- iOS 7 vs iOS 7.1, New feature of Apple iOS 7.1
- iPhone 6 News , Release Date and Rumors
- How to use Facial Recognition to unlock your iPhone with Appellancy [Jailbreak Tweak]
- Apple’s Upcoming Health & Fitness Tracking App Is the Start of Something Huge
- Simple Tips to Fix Your iPhone/ iPad Battery Life issues on iOS 7.1