Part one: Things you can check
- Make sure that you correctly restored your iOS device from iCloud Backup. When you sign in to iCloud, it’s not the same as when you restore from iCloud Backup. Learn how to restore from iCloud Backup.
- Make sure that iCloud Backup includes the kind of information that you’re missing. If you restore an iPad from an iPhone backup or vice versa, some data won’t restore.
- If an app asks for your Apple ID password during the restore process, make sure that you enter it.
- If the restore process takes a long time to finish, or if you receive an error message, learn what to do.
- You can also check to see if you have any iTunes backups that may contain the data that’s missing.
- Sometimes the restore process might look complete, but your device is still downloading information in the background. To check this, tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup. If your device is still being restored, you see “This [device] is currently being restored and will automatically back up when it is done.”
Part two: download iCloud backup to your computer without an iOS device
Restoring the backup to a replacement phone should recover them. However, it requires you to erase all the existing data and settings on your device first. iFonebox is a professional and powerful iOS data recovery tool which is designed to make it easy for you to recover data in various scenarios. As a professional and reliable iOS backup extractor, it’s designed to help you recover as many as 17 file types including contacts, notes, text messages, safari bookmarks, photos, videos, voice memos, phone numbers, QQ messages, WeChat data, WhatsApp data and many more.
Before we start the instructions, you need to download the program to your computer. iFonebox has two available versions: Windows version and Mac version. Please make sure to install the right version for your computer. Once you have installed the program, next I will show you how to restore data from iCloud backup.
Step one: Run iFonebox and enter your Apple ID
Run the program, then just click the “Recover from iCloud Backup” at the top right of the software. You’ll be asked to sign in with your Apple ID account and password correctly.
Step two: Download data from iCloud backup
After you have selected an iCloud backup to download, it will start the downloading process. You can select all to download.
Step three: Scan data
Click on “Photos” icon to start scanning automatically. It will take some time, you should wait patiently.
Step four: Preview and download data
Now you can select the images you want and click “Recover to pc”, then the instruction is accomplished.