I accidently deleted a phone number on my iphone6. This was a new contact and had not backed up on iTunes/iCloud. How can I retrieve it from my iPhone? I would be very grateful for any advice as to how I can get this contact back. Thank you!
If you’ve backed up your device before, you can restore the entire backup to get the accidental erased contacts back. Note that restoring from iTunes or iCloud backups would overwritten all your current data. If you haven’t synced your device to iTunes or iCloud, I think you would need help from some recovery software like iFonebox which enables you to directly scan out and retrieve the accidently deleted/lost contacts on your iPhone.
Below are some main features why it’s worth trying:
- Flexible recovery modes: recover from iOS device, recover from iTunes backup, recover from iCloud backup
- Can be used to recover up to 17 kinds of data: like contacts, photos, texts, videos, safari history, call logs, WeChat messages, WhatsApp chats, etc.
- Very easy to use: it has a clear friendly-use interface and you can restore data just by a few clicks
- Come with a preview function: give you a chance to see the detailed information so that you can mark the target items that you truly want
- 100% safe: it cause no damage to your computer and all the current data on your device will not be wiped out
Since you don’t have any backup file, the only way to get wrongly deleted contact back is to be somehow relinking the data on the internal memory of the phone to the contacts data base. You should stop using the device and enable the flight mode immediately just in case of erased data being overwritten.
iFonebox has two available versions: Windows version and Mac version. You’re allowed to download the program for free. Please make sure to download and install the right version for your computer. Once you have installed the program, here’re the step by step instructions.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Click Recover from iTunes Backup File, you’ll see all backups you have listed in the interface, choose the right backup, then click “Select” button to begin.
Step two: Scan data
It will scan automatically after you click the “Contacts” icon, it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Extract data
Now you can recover the contac you want from backup, choose the items you want to restore and click the “Recover to pc” or “Recover to device” button for further use.