Apple has released iOS 12.2 on March 25, 2019, it comes more than a month since iOS 12.1.4 was released. The update is available on every eligible device, you can just go to Settings > General > Software Update to access it. It also comes with multiple features like Apple News+ service, new Animoji, HomeKit, Safari changes and more. In this article, we will discuss some of its new features and some related topics.
Part one: What’s new in iOS 12.2?
iOS 12.2 is the latest major update to the iOS 12 operating system we’ve seen so far. Let’s take a brief look at it:
- It provides support for Apple News+
It is a new subscription service that extends the Apple News experience with hundreds of magazines and top newspapers. It’s now available in the U.S. and in Canada.
- Siri can do more for you
You can ask Siri on your iPhone or iPad to play any video, show, movie, sports game, or channel on Apple TV.
- It added four new Animoji-owl, giraffe, boar and shark
- AirPlay multitasking for video allows you to browse other apps
You can play other short forms of audio and video files locally on your device while using AirPlay.
- Apple Pay is getting better
Apple Pay Cash customers now is allowed to transfer money to their bank accounts instantly using their Visa debit cards.
- Safari is getting smarter
Safari privacy is improving in iOS 12.2 with a new Motion & Orientation toggle located under Settings > Safari > Privacy & Security.
- Support for new AirPods 2.
- The “About” screen in the Settings is updated.
Siri is now able to suggest Today at Apple sessions based on Safari and app usage if you have the Apple Store app installed.
- This update also includes other improvements and bug fixes.
Part two: Preparations before the iOS12.2 upgrade
- Check compatibility.
- Make a backup of your device using iCloud or iTunes. Or you can back up files selectively via
- Free up enough room on your device. You can manually delete some file you don’t need.
- Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
Also read: How to get lost data back after an iOS update if no backup?