If you can’t import photos to your computer, or if your computer doesn’t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as a camera, try these steps.
- Check if you can use iCloud photo gallery or my photo stream
- Check the connection and update the software
- Try importing photos using other Apple USB cables.
- If you still cannot import, please update your software.
- Check the photo management software for updates.
- Get the latest version of iTunes.
- Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Update your Mac or PC. In Windows, use the Windows update application.
- Try importing your photos again.
- Try importing a new photo
- Take a new photo, or press both the home button and the sleep/wake button to store the screenshot on your iOS device.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer.
- Try importing photos using photo management software.
- Try other computers
If you can’t see the camera entry in device manager, test your iOS device on another computer. If another computer identifies the iOS device as a camera, consult Microsoft or someone who supports your computer’s Windows for help. If you’re using a Mac, try using AirDrop to send photos wirelessly to your computer.
- Try backing up with iTunes
- Update to the latest version of iTunes.
- Open iTunes and connect your device to your computer.
- Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod when it appears in iTunes then just click Back Up Now.
- When the process ends, you can see if the backup finished successfully on the Summary screen in iTunes.
- Selectively transfer your photos from device to computer via iFonebox
As a professional iOS backup tool, it is able to help you handle with 17 kinds of data such as contacts, photos, voice memos, call logs, safari history, reminders, videos, calendar events, WeChat data, WhatsApp data and so on. The real strength of the program is that it’s very easy to use and highly effective. With the help of iFonebox, you’re allowed to export specific data from iPhone to computer without difficulty.