Apple’s iOS 9.1 update for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch has been released yesterday and with new emojis and bug fixes to the company’s new operating system. While you might be tempted to install right away, there is one thing you have to do before installing the latest iOS 9.1 to your iDevice. That is to back up your iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s plus properly.
Fortunately, there are different ways to back up your iPhone before iOS 9.1 update, and we would like to take a look at them one by one. And this post is going to demonstrate by assuming that you are using Mac computer.
Sync your iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus through iTunes
- Plug in your iPhone to your Mac and then open up iTunes.
- From the main screen in iTunes, click on the iPhone icon toward the top-left of the window after the your iPhone is detected.
- Click on the Summary on the left column to expand the summary panel, and click on “Back Up Now” to begin the backup process.
- The backing up process may take some time depending on how much data it is going to back up.
- One the process is finished, please shut down the iTunes and unplug your iPhone.
Back up iPhone 6s / 6s Plus with iCloud
Comparing to syncing iPhone to iTunes, backing up to iCloud is much easier. You don’t need bother plugging in your iPhone to your computer and firing up iTunes, you can create an iCloud backup file directly on your iPhone.
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Tap Settings > iCloud > Backup. Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on.
- Tap Back Up Now. Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process completes.
- Make sure the backup finished by tapping Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, and then select your device. The backup you just made should appear in the details with the time and backup size.
Back up your iPhone 6S/6S Plus to Mac with iFonebox
As iTunes and iCloud backup are not readable file, once the backup file is damaged, you will be out of luck to get back your lost data. However, there is a third party program that can help you export your iPhone data to your Mac computer for backup. That is iFonebox, a specialized iPhone data recovering and exporting software which can selectively export data of certain categories to your Mac computer.
- Install and run iFonebox. Connect your iPhone to your computer. Hit “Start” after your iPhone is detected by iFonebox.
- Choose the data you want to recover by clicking on the related icon or you can choose to click “Recover All” to export all the supported messages to your computer.
- Preview all the exported data and click to transfer to your computer for backup.