Curious about how to backup your iPhone/iPad/iPod ? Is there a much better solution to backup ios devices except iTunes and iCloud? How to selectively back up data on iPhone/iPad/iPod ? This article is designed to answer some of these questions, and recommend a great solution to backup iOS Devices Data for iPhone/iPad/iPod users.
Apple users usually backup and restore data through iTunes and iCloud, sure iTunes and iCloud can backup and restore data on your iPhone, but they’re not so perfect.
iTunes is a powerful tool to backup iPhone/iPad/iPod data. Every time when you sync your iOS device with iTunes, it will backup automatically, at the same time generate a backup file and save it on your computer. Also you can take the manual backup of your device with a single click, all you have to do is connect your device with iTunes and hit the backup button.
Backup iOS Device data via iTunes exist some issues:
1. iTunes may ask you to sync or upgrade your iOS and wipe all the contents.
2. iTunes can’t selectively backup data, it will takes you a few hours each time the iPhone backs up since doing an image backup.
iCloud is more convenient than iTunes, what you need is wi-fi and an activated iCloud account with your Apple ID. You can save all you files on Apple cloud servers, so that you can access it anywhere. With this service you can backup all you files automatically like music, videos, apps, books, photos, messages, Wallpaper, Contacts and Calendar. If you are ready to take the backup, Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup, turn on the switch for iCloud Backup. You can also take the manual backup by clicking the “Back up Now” button.
Backup iOS Device data via iCloud also exist some issues:
1. iCloud doesn’t work if you use iPhone under iOS 6 or iOS 5;
2. iCloud can’t restore parts of data selectively.
3. You are allowed to get 5 GB of free iCloud storage. And you can’t backup to iCould if you don’t have enough space
iFonebox is a great data backup tool that enable you to selectively backup files from ios devices to computer. With only 3 steps, you can transfer all the contents from your ios devices to your computer. What’s more, if you need, you can also retrieve the deleted data from ios devices as well. This ios data backup software currently supports iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c,iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad air, iPad mini2,iPad 3, iPad 2, iPod touch 5,etc
Now you can get the trial version for Mac & Windows and have a try
I will show you the briefly steps:
Here we take windows version as an example, if you are running a Mac, you can get Mac version and doing the same operations as below on your Mac.
Step1 Run iFonebox, connect your ios device to your computer via a USB cable, and then choose “Recover from iOS Device”
Step2 Scan your ios device to find data on it
The software will automatically scan your ios device to find out and analyze all the existing and deleted files. the scan time depends on the number of the file on your device. So if there are lots of data on your device, please wait patiently until the software finish the scanning task.
Step3 Preview and backup data selectively
After the scan, all data found on your device will be listed and displayed in the scan result, just click the categories on the top side of the window like camera roll, contacts, messages, notes etc to check which you want to backup and which you don’t. Tick off those you want and click “Recover”. Now you can save them on your computer with one click.
- How to Find and extract iTunes backup files on Mac?
- How to Transfer Large Voice Memos from iPhone to Computer?
- Extract and Recover Data from iPhone/iPad With or Without Backup
- Selectively Restore iPhone Conatcts from iTunes backup
- How to recover lost data from iPhone5/5S/5C/4S without iTunes backup on Mac?
- Retrieve Deleted/Lost Photos from iPad/iPhone/iPod Camera Roll on Mac