Apple has reportedly suffered a major leak that may have revealed key details about its 2018 iPhone and Apple Watch devices. The Cupertino, California firm apparently leaked images of its upcoming iPhone and Apple Watch refreshes. These images — as well as other details about the new devices — were obtained and published by Apple news site 9to5Mac on Thursday.
On a day that already saw the first purported sighting of the 5.8-inch and 6.5-inch iPhone XS comes a new leak apparently showing the fourth generation Apple Watch. Also from 9to5Mac, the image shows Apple’s next wearable device with a larger display and brand new watch face.
As you can see, the most significant change is the all-new edge-to-edge display found on the wearable device. Previous rumors had suggested Cupertino was increasing the size of the Apple Watch display by 15 percent. The new image seems to confirm this information.
The watch face shown, however, is new. It appears to include eight complications around the time and within the clock hands. The changes seem to take advantage of the device’s larger display.
Finally, there’s a new hole between the modified side button and Digital Crown. 9to5Mac says this is likely an additional microphone. Assuming this leak is correct, it’s great to see that Apple is finally tweaking the look of its wearable device after three generations. It’s also nice knowing at least one new watch face could also be incoming. Give us more, Apple.
As confirmed earlier in the day, Apple’s fall event is Wednesday, Sept. 12 beginning at 10 a.m. PDT. We’ll learn much more about what will likely be called the Apple Watch Series 4 on September 12 when Apple is set to unveil its new hardware lineup. Besides three new iPhones and Apple Watch, the event should also showcase two new iPad Pro models. New Macs could also be announced.
Four days after the last iOS 12 beta for developers, Apple has released an updated build. iOS 12 developer beta 11 is now available. Apple announced Shortcuts App in iOS 12 Developer Preview but No-Shortcut App in the iOS 12 Developer Beta in Beta. So you will have to wait till next Beta. iOS 12 best 11 is a tiny update nothing else new in this update, even you should see its issue before updating on your daily driver. Let’s look below.
- You can hold the “X” button to clear all of the notifications on older devices w/o 3D touch enabled.
- Small change, but there’s now a separator between the daily/popular App Store content& other/personalized content in the Today tab of the App Store. Unsure if this was in previous betas, but only just noticed after updating to public beta 9.
Remaining Issues in iOS 12 beta 11
- App Store: While signed in with a production account and testing with a sandbox account, attempting to fetch a new valid receipt displays a sign-in prompt for the production account with no option for switching to the sandbox account
- HomeKit: Inviting iOS 11 users who have multiple email addresses associated with their Apple ID to a home might not succeed
- Maps: Traffic data might not be displayed
- In iOS 12 beta 11, Camera Effects in Messages is available only on iPhone SE and iPhone 6s or later and is unavailable on iPad. Camera Effects in FaceTime is available only on iPhone 7 or later and is unavailable on iPad
- Wi-Fi calls might end unexpectedly when transitioning from Wi-Fi to cellular while on the T-Mobile network
- Screen Time: The start and stop times for Downtime might change unexpectedly if they were configured prior to installing iOS 12 beta 9
- After updating to iOS 12 beta 7 or later, parents should change the Screen Time passcode to prevent children from signing out of iCloud or changing the system time
- While multiple ride-sharing apps are installed, Siri might open the app instead of providing an ETA or location when asked
- Siri Suggestions for Shortcuts are enabled on iPhone 6s or later, iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation or later), iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4