What exactly is included when backing up my iPhone using iTunes? Documents, photos? What gets backed up? Can’t find out anywhere! If anyone could figure it out, please help! Thanks in advance!
Have you ever been curious about one thing that whether it is possible to check what get backed in your iTunes? The easiest way is to perform a complete restore. But if you don’t want to lose any existing data on your device, the mentioned method cannot make you satisfied, because it requires you to erase all the data and settings at first. To print a complete text message conversion from your iPhone, you’d better extract them from your iPhone to a computer, and then you can print them completely. To see what is stored in iTunes, you’d better turn to a professional third-party tool for help.
As a powerful and reliable iOS backup extractor, iFonebox comes with a preview function that enables you to see all the recoverable data before the recovery progress. It can be used to retrieve/extract up to 17 files types including notes, messages/ iMessages, contacts, safari history, call records, events from calendar, photos, videos, voice memos, WeChat data, WhatsApp data and many more. See more features of the program:
- It has three different working modes: recover from iOS device, recover from iTunes backup, recover from iCloud backup
- Get back lost info for various reasons including accidental deletion, jailbreak or iOS upgrade
- You can preview and selectively recover the data you want
- It supports to extract WhatsApp from iPhone or backups without overwriting the current data on iPhone
- It can be used to retrieve deleted/lost data directly from your device without any backup files
- It’s compatible with almost all iOS versions, the latest iOS 12 included
- It’s very easy to use and protect your personal information well, all your data will only be stored on your computer
The following instruction shows how to get access to your iTunes backup. Before we start the instructions, you need to download the program to your computer. iFonebox has two available versions: Windows version and Mac version. Please make sure to install the right version for your computer.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Click Recover from iTunes Backup File, you’ll see all backups you have listed in the interface, choose the right backup, then click “Select” button to begin.
Step two: Scan data
Take photos for example, it will scan automatically after you click the “Photos” icon. It might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Recover data
Now you can recover the data you want from backup. Choose the items you want to restore and click the “Recover to pc”.