I bought a brand new iPhone X and trying to connect to my Bluetooth hands-free device in my car. In the Bluetooth screen I see the scan icon running but my device cannot be found. Note that with my old iPhone 6S the same Bluetooth device worked properly. Please your help!
If your Bluetooth accessory won’t pair or connect to your iOS devices
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is on. If you can’t turn on Bluetooth or you see a spinning gear, restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Then try to pair and connect it again.
- Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory and iOS device are close to each other.
- Turn your Bluetooth accessory off and back on again.
- Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory is on and fully charged or connected to power. If your accessory uses batteries, see if they need to be replaced.
If your iPhone X can’t connect to your car
- Restart the device.
- Go to Settings> Bluetooth and turn off Bluetooth. Wait 5 seconds, then re-enable Bluetooth.
- Check the manual for car stereo systems to learn how to pair with Bluetooth devices. Most cars require phone Settings on the onboard display screen.
- Update your device.
- Install all firmware updates for the car stereo system.
If you still can’t pair or connect your Bluetooth accessory
- If you previously connected your Bluetooth accessory to your iOS device, unpair the accessory, put it back in discovery mode, then try to pair and connect it again.
- If you can pair your accessory with some devices but not your iOS device, unpair the accessory from your other devices. Then try to pair with your iOS device again.
- Check with the accessory manufacturer to make sure that your accessory supports your iOS device.
- If you still have any of these issues, contact Apple Support:
- You can’t turn on Bluetooth or the setting is grayed out.
- You can’t connect any Bluetooth accessories with your device.
- The accessory manufacturer confirmed that your accessory is working correctly.