Got a new iPhone XS/XS Max and can’t wait to transfer contacts from old device to new iPhone? In this guide we are going to discuss about top 4 ways
Method one: Transfer your contacts via Quick Start
Note: It requires your device running iOS 11 or later.
- Bring the two devices close together.
- Set up your new device with your Apple ID when the quick start screen appears on your old device. Please make sure that it is your Apple ID that you want to use.
- You will see the animation on your new phone, just hold your current device over the new device, then center the animation in the viewfinder. There would be a prompt message says “Finish”.
- Type your old device’s passcode on the new device.
- Set up Touch ID or Face ID on your new device
In this progress, you will get the option to restore apps, data and device settings from your recent iCloud backup or updating your old iOS device’s backup and then restore. Just choose what you need.
Method two: move contacts from your old device to the new one via iCloud
- Erase your new device first.
- Tap Restore from iCloud Backup. It requires you to sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID and password. You should make sure to choose the right backup.
- Wait for the restore process to finish.
Method three: Migrate phone numbers between two different iOS device through AirDrop
- Make sure that both devices are signed in with the same Apple ID
- Click “Contacts” on your old iPhone, then tap “Share Contact”
- Tap the AirDrop user that you want to share content with.
Note: You won’t see an alert with a preview of the content on your new device, but the content is automatically sent to your new device.
Method four: Selectively move your contacts via iFonebox
Restoring a backup can run into some challenges. First of all, it’s a time-consuming task and it requires you to erase your device first. But iFonebox can provide you an easier and effective way to move your contacts between two different devices. Click here to see the detailed instructions.