My iPhone X that I bought on Saturday December 15. It was working fine then 10 minutes later I went to grab it and it would not turn back on. Now the phone shut down completely, although the battery was fully charged and it will not switch back on. Any suggestions?
Part one: How to fix iPhone x shutdown issue?
Force restart your device
A force restart won’t erase the content on your device. You can force restart your device even if the screen is black or the buttons aren’t responding. Just press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
Charge for up to one hour
If you don’t see the charging screen within an hour, or you see the connect to power screen, check the jack, USB cable, and power adapter. Make sure that everything is plugged in firmly, free of debris, and not damaged. You might want to try a different USB cable or power adapter.
Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of these issues:
- You still see a black screen after charging, force restarting, or following the steps in this article.
- You see a black screen, but you can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
- The screen remains black, but the device chirps when you unmute it and connect it to power.
- Your screen is on, but it doesn’t respond when you tap, slide, or try other gestures.
- You can’t force your device to restart because a button is broken or stuck.
- Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn’t recognized in iTunes.
Part two: Is it possible for me to get data back if my iPhone X is completely dead?
As we all know, when your phone breaks down, restoring a backup is the only way to retrieve data from broken iPhone. However, the premise is that you need an iOS device. In addition to that, restoring the backup is all or nothing. How on earth can this be so hard? Lucky for you we’re going to recommend iFonebox to you, an iOS data recovery tool that is very easy to use and can help you regain just retrieve the lost data you need from unbootable iPhone without an iOS device. Click here to see how to selectively restore iCloud backup.