Hi all, I am having some trouble with my new iPhone x. The face id stops working after a while. When I restart the phone face id works between 10 minutes to 5 hours. The time that face id works varies after each time I reboot the device. Does anyone have the same issue?
There have been a few reports of iPhone X face id stops working or another person being able to open an iPhone X with Face ID that wasn’t the person registered their face. Don’t be panic, here we are going to share you some tips on this topic.
- Check for updates: Make sure that your iPhone X is updated to the latest version of iOS
- Check your Face ID settings: To check your Face ID settings, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode. Make sure that Face ID is set up and that the features you’re trying to use Face ID with are turned on.
- Check that nothing is covering the TrueDepth camera: Make sure that the TrueDepth camera on your iPhone X isn’t covered with a phone case or a screen protector. Also, check to see if there’s residue or dirt covering the TrueDepth camera.
- Make sure that nothing is covering your face: Face ID works with many sunglasses. If you’re wearing sunglasses designed to block certain types of light, then your sunglasses might be blocking the infrared light used by the TrueDepth camera. Try using Face ID without your sunglasses.
- Make sure that you’re facing the TrueDepth camera: Face ID only works when your iPhone X is in portrait orientation and you’re facing the TrueDepth camera. The TrueDepth camera has a similar range of view as when you take a selfie or make a FaceTime call.
- Keep your iPhone at arm’s length or closer from your face: To make Face ID work perfectly, your iPhone X must be in portrait orientation, and you’re facing the camera.
- Reset Face ID: If you still need help, reset Face ID, then set it up again. Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode and tap Reset Face ID. Then tap Set up Face ID to set it up again. If you can’t enroll your face, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support.