I got this recently, I tried to connect my blue tooth to my iPhone X, but it was not able to connect, searching for the device always showed. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!
It’s really annoying if your Apple watch isn’t connected or paired with your iPhone. However, don’t be panic, here’re some tips may help.
- Check your Apple Watch connection
If you don’t get notifications, messages, or calls on your Apple Watch, your Apple Watch and iPhone might not be connected. When your devices disconnect, you can also check your connection in Control Center. If you need help, try the steps below. After each step, see if your devices can connect:
- To turn on your Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo. This may take a few minutes.
- Hold your Apple Watch and iPhone close together. Wait for the “Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch” message to appear on your iPhone, then tap Continue.
- Hold your iPhone over the animation, then center the watch face in the viewfinder on your iPhone. Wait for a message to say that your Apple Watch is paired.
- Try to connect your Apple Watch and iPhone again
- Keep your Apple Watch and paired iPhone close together to make sure that they’re in range.
- On your iPhone, make sure that Airplane Mode is off and that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on. To check, swipe up to open Control Center.
- If the Airplane Mode is on, swipe up to open Control Center, then turn Airplane Mode off.
- Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone
- Unpair your devices, then pair them again
- On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, then tap your watch at the top of the screen. Then tap Unpair Apple Watch. Tap again to confirm.
- Pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again.
- If you still need help, contact Apple Support.