Hi. I have an iPhone that has been damaged by water, and it won’t turn on. I left it to dry out in some rice for 24hrs, but after that when I restarted it/connected it to the computer it still wouldn’t turn on. I know I will need to buy a new one. Is there any way to recover the photos from it?
Is it possible for me to recover data from a waterlogged iPhone? Actually, depending on the amount of damage. If the phone can still be turned on, you should to back it up immediately. If you can’t get iTunes to see the iPhone then you will have to go to a professional data recovery service. Fortunately, there is a third-party program called iFonebox can help you rescue your data and restore your files. But you would better have a good habit of backing up data.
Let’s take a quick look at its main features:
- Three powerful working modes: maximize the possibility of restoration no matter you have a backup or not
- Very easy to use and highly effective
- Recover up to 17 kinds of data like photos, contacts, call logs, videos, calendar, safari history, notes, texts, voice memos, reminders, etc.
- Support all kinds of iOS devices running different iOS systems including iPhone X and iOS 11
- Come with a preview function that enables you to retrieve the data what you exactly need from your water damaged iPhone
- Avoid overwriting the current data on your device while recovering
It is one of the best software available and fully compatible with both Windows and Mac systems. It’s necessary for you to download the suitable version for your computer. Next we will show you the detailed instructions to help you easily get data back if iPhone falls into water.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Click Recover from iTunes Backup File, you’ll see all backups you have listed in the interface, choose the right backup, then click “Select” button to begin.
Step two: Scan data
Take WeChat messages for example, it will scan automatically after you click the “WeChat Messages” icon, it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Recover data
Now you can recover the data you want from backup. Choose the items you want to restore and click the “Recover to pc”.