One of the largest culprits when it comes to chewing through the storage on your iPhone or iPad is the Messages. From regular text messages to iMessages to photos, videos, and audio notes, they all take up space. In some cases, several gigabytes. However, iOS 8 brings with it an awesome feature that lets you set messages to delete automatically after a set amount of time. That means more storage space freed up regularly without you actually having to think about it! (View deleted message on iPhone)
How to set messages to delete after a period of time on iPhone and iPad?
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 8 or higher.
- Tap on Messages.
- Tap on Keep Messages under the Message History section.
- Tap on either 1 year or 30 days, whichever you’d like.
- Tap Delete in the popup menu to confirm you’d like iOS to delete any messages older than the specified time period. You can not undo this action.
That’s it! iOS will now automatically delete all messages that are older than the specified time. For anyone who has a 16GB device, give this a try and see if it helps you keep your storage more under control when it comes to Messages.
- Three Methods to Backup iPhone messages
- Can Audio and Photo Messages be Recovered directly from iPhone
- How to Retrieve and Print out text message from iTunes backup
- Any way to Recover Deleted Messages on iPhone except iTunes restore