“I accidentally deleted my messages in wechat app. Can I use icloud to restore the messages in wechat app. My icloud back up did back up last time , the app is included but i wonder are all the messages in the app , will also be restored together with the messages I have deleted. iclouds mention that it back up the app data, so it is include the messages in the app ???”
Usually, your iPhone 6s backup only includes data and settings stored on your device, so the last backup through iCloud mentioned above does not include the deleted wechat messages. Consequently, the deleted wechat messages cannot be recovered from the last iCloud backup. However, if you have ever backed up your iPhone 6s before the accidentally wechat messages deletion, you can restore your iPhone from the earlier iCloud backup to get back the deleted wechat messages.
Restore Deleted WeChat Messages from iCloud Backup
Before starting, you have to make sure the iCloud backup from which you are going to restore your iPhone 6s does include wechat messages you want.
Below are the detailed steps.
- Head to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, then tap a device listed under Backups to see the date and size of its latest backup.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings.”
- In the Setup Assistant, proceed to “Set up your device,” tap Restore from a Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
- Proceed to “Choose backup,” then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.
The restoring process may be time consuming depending on the size of the backup as well as the network connection speed.
Unfortunately, as most people have noticed that the restoring process requires of erasing all content and settings at first which will definitely wipe something out of your iPhone 6s and result in data loss again. This is not the restoring from iCloud backup supposed to do.
Recover Deleted WeChat Messages from iPhone 6s Directly
Fortunately, there is solution being capable of recovering deleted wechat messages from iPhone 6s directly and selectively. iFonebox is the secret weapon to achieve so. As specialized iPhone datga recovery software, iFonebox can recover not only wechat messages, but also wechat contacts and wechat messages attachments, at the same time, it can retrieve data of many other types including Contacts, Messages, WhatsApp Messages, Reminders, Calendar, Call log, Notes, Voice Memos and Photos etc.
To recover iPhone 6s wechat messages, all that you need is your accessible iPhone 6s and a full version of iFonebox. Remember NEVER try to sync your iPhone 6s to iTunes or restore from iTunes backup, otherwise, you may end up with unexpected and irretrievable data loss.
Here comes the detailed steps about how to recover the deleted wechat messages from the iPhone 6s directly and selectively.
- Install the full version of iFonebox and launch it. Connect your iPhone 6s to your computer. Click Start after your iPhone 6s is detected by iFonebox. With this click, you have chosen the recovery mode of Recover from iDevice”.
- On the following interface, you will be presented with different data categories that iFonebox is able of handle for your selection. Just choose the wechat messages to recover by clicking on the related icon.
- The data scanning and analyzing may be time consuming if there are a large number of message items, please wait for a while. After all the messages are exported, please select the message items you need to recover to your computer. Since you want the deleted items only, please check the top right box to display and select the deleted items only.
Comparatively, recovering lost wechat messages selectively and directly from iPhone 6s through iFonebox is much easier and faster.
In addition, since iFonebox provides three recovery modes, “Recover from iTunes Backup”, “Recover from iCloud Backup” as well as “Recover from iDevice”. You can also choose to recover the deleted wechat messages from iCloud backup if you prefer and you are sure you have created iCloud backup containing the deleted wechat messages items.