Hello. My iPhone 8 camera isn’t working. I was trying to restart my phone but it doesn’t help. What should I do? Any help would be appreciated!
If your photos are blurred or out of focus
If your photos are blurred, out of focus, or have dark spots, try these steps:
- Make sure that the camera lens is clean. If you need to clean the lens, use a microfiber cloth. If you see dirt or debris inside the lens, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.
- For iPhone models that feature optical image stabilization: A metallic case or magnetic lens could interfere with this feature. Try taking a picture without the case or lens, and then compare the quality.
- To focus on a certain object or person, tap that object or person on the preview screen. You’ll see the screen pulse, or briefly go in and out of focus, as the camera adjusts. In photo mode, try to stay steady when you adjust the focus. If you move too far in any direction, the camera will automatically refocus to the center. In video mode, you can adjust the focus before you begin recording.
- If you still have issues with the focus on your camera, contact Apple Support.
If you see a closed lens or black screen
- If you see a closed lens or black screen when you open the Camera app, try these steps:
- Make sure that there’s nothing blocking the camera lens. If you’re using a case, try removing it.
- Force the app to close, then open the Camera app again.
- Restart your device, then open the Camera app again.
- If your device has a front and rear camera, try both cameras by tapping. If you see the closed lens or black screen on only one camera, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.
If your flash isn’t working
Use Control Center to test the LED flash. Turn the flashlight off and on. If the LED flash doesn’t work as a flashlight, contact Apple Support. If you take extended video with the flash on, or you’re using the device in a very warm environment, you might see a message that says the flash is disabled. The message remains until your device cools down.
If you don’t see the Camera app
You should see the Camera app on your Home screen. If it’s not on your Home screen, you can search for it or check your Settings to see if it’s blocked.