What will you do when you carelessly deleted some of your iPhone photos? Yes, you can recover them directly from your iPhone 6s from the album named “Recently Deleted” as long as the photos were deleted less than 30 days ago. It takes much longer time than 30 days, however, to realize that you have deleted photos which you actually need from your iPhone 6s. Sometimes you simply haven’t got your iPhone at hand or you have neither your iPhone nor your computer with which you have synced your iPhone 6s, recovering deleted photos from the iPhone 6s does not work any more.
And thus I believe that is the reason why iTunes and iCloud are made for. For whatever reason, when there is no way to access your iPhone to recover the deleted photos from the iPhone 6s, you can try recovering the iPhone 6s deleted photos from iTunes or iCloud backup file.
Recover Deleted Photos from iTunes Backup file
Actually, there are two ways to retrieve the deleted iPhone photos from the iTunes backup file, but we are talking about how to recover deleted photos by assuming your iPhone is not accessible, so we are not going to talk about how to restore your iPhone from previous iTunes backup to get back the deleted photos.
Instead, we are going to talk about how to selectively recover and transfer the deleted iPhone photos from iTunes backup file. With this method, you need to download and install a third party iPhone data recovery program, iFonebox. As specialized and professional iPhone data recovery software, iFonebox allows respectively exporting data of different categories such as contacts, notes, messages, call log, reminders, calendar, safari bookmarks, wechat messages, whatsapp messages as well as photos etc from iTunes backup file. In addition, it is a program available for both Windows and Mac version.
Follow the steps below to recover and export iPhone 6s photos from your iTunes backup file.
- Install and run the full version of iFonebox. Choose the recovery mode of “Recover from iTunes Backup”.
- Choose Photos to recover and export selectively by clicking on the icon of the Photos app.
- Preview the exported photos from iTunes backup and select whatever you want before hitting to recover and transfer to your computer.
Note: To recover the deleted photos from iTunes backup, there are a couple of prerequisites. First you have to have an iTunes backup file, and usually you should have one if you have enabled automatic back up. Second, you are running iFonebox on the computer to which you have synced your iPhone. Third, make sure your iTunes backup file is not corrupted.
Recover Deleted Photos from iCloud Backup
Recovering deleted iPhone 6s photos from iCloud backup is a great choice when network connection or Wi-Fi is available. All you need is a computer, an Apple ID for your iCloud account as well as a full version of iFonebox.
- Install and run the iFonebox.
- Sign in with your iCloud ID.
- Choose an iCloud backup file to download.
- Choose the photos to download from the iCloud backup file you have chosen with the step abovementioned. By doing so, you can save quite a lot of time because you are not downloading everything from the backup file which is also not necessary, but the photos only.
- Wait until and scanning and analyzing finishes and select what you need to recover and transfer to your computer.
Note: Remember to choose the backup which includes the photos you want, the most recent one is always the recommend one, but it is not the best choice for every one.