For most iPhone user, we usually add up the Passcode on iPhone to protect our personal information. the problem is If you Forget your Passcode and you can’t remember it no matter how hard you have tried, there is another possibility if someone enters the wrong Passcode for six times your iPhone will be unavailable, for all above situation you will have to reset your iPhone to remove iPhone passcode that will delete all the data present in the iPhone.then how to unlock iPhone and regain access passcode forgotten iPhone?
There are three possible ways to reset your iPhone and regain access to it, I have elaborated all possible ways in this post, You can use any which suits you best.
If you can’t remember your passcode, you will need to erase your device using iTunes, Find My iPhone, or recovery mode. You can get your data back after you perform a reset on your phone, If you have a backup stored in your iTunes, Most probably you will have a Backup as iTunes creates a backup when you connect your device to your laptop.
If you have iTunes and your Device was synced with it before you can perform a restore with it.Follow the below steps to perform restore on your iPhone using iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer you normally sync with.
- Open iTunes. If iTunes asks you to enter the passcode, try another computer that you’ve synced with. Or try Other Methods mentioned below.
- iTunes will automatically sync your iPhone and create a backup. If it doesn’t, sync your iPhone with iTunes.
- After the sync is complete, restore your iPhone.
- When iTunes asks to set up your device, choose “Restore from iTunes backup.”
- Select your iPhone in iTunes and choose the most recent backup.
After this your phone will go through a full restore but you wont lose any data present inside it.
Use Find My iPhone
There is another possible way, If you have enabled Find My iPhone on your iPhone you can use the following method. It will erase the data and restore your Backup.
- Go to this link to see if your iPhone has Find My iPhone enabled.
- Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.
- Select your iPhone and click “Erase [device]” to erase your iPhone and its passcode.
- Use the Setup Assistant on your device to restore the most recent backup of your device.
Use Recovery mode
If all above fails Use the following method to remove passcode on your phone, although you wont get your data back, Use this method if you don’t have a backup and you have never synced your iPhone with iTunes, In this method first you will put your iPhone in recovery mode, which will erase the iPhone and its passcode. Then you can restore your iPhone from a backup or set it up as a new device.
- Disconnect all cables from your iPhone.
- Turn off your iPhone.
- Press and hold the Home button. While holding the Home button, connect your iPhone to iTunes. If your iPhone doesn’t turn on automatically, turn it on.
- Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
- iTunes will alert you that it has detected a iPhone in recovery mode.
- Click OK, then restore the iPhone.
These are all possible ways to access to your locked iPhone, If you have forgot passcode of your iPhone. If you have any problem regarding any of the above method let me know in the comments
- How to access password forgotten iPhone4 to extract data
- 3 methods to Transfer Voice Memos from iPhone to Computer
- iPhone 5S data loss? Quickly Recover Data with iPhone 5S data recovery
- iPhone Backup Extractor: Extract and Recover iPhone Data with ease