“I backed up my old iPhone and went to restore from back up to my new iPhone. Apart from apps, I’ve lost everything including photos and contacts. Any ideas? iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2”
Have you ever encountered with such a problem: when restore an iTunes backup file to the new iPhone, some data like contacts and photos or other data just disappear. Pretty annoying. But don’t be so panic, for there are still possibilities to restore those lost contacts and photos from your iTunes backup. Keep reading and learn more information here.
In order to restore lost contacts and photos from your iTunes backup, you need iFonebox to help you. iFonebox is a professional iOS data recovery which can not only recover deleted data like contacts, notes, messages and more from your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, but extract and recover data like photos, contacts and other data from your iTunes or iCloud backup. Plus, iFonebox is able to recover contacts and notes to your iOS devices directly.
How to restore lost contacts from iTunes backup with iFonebox?
It is necessary to download and install iFonebox if you want to use it. Two versions are available: Windows version and Mac version. Of course, you can use free trial version in advance. Next, follow the three simple steps to restore contacts from iTunes backup.
- Launch iFonebox. Choose Recover from iTunes Backup. If you want to transfer all contacts to your iPhone, remember to connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Scan contacts data from your iTunes backup.
- Preview and select before restoring. You can preview and select the contacts you need to restore, then click Recover to Device or Recover to PC.
This is the whole process to restore lost contacts from iTunes backup to your iPhone.
How to restore lost photos from iTunes backup?
Of course, here are 3 steps for you to refer.
- Launch iFonebox. Choose Recover from iTunes Backup.
- Scan photos data from your iTunes backup.
- Preview and select before restoring. You can preview and select the photos you need to restore, then click Recover to PC.
Then all photos from your iTunes backup will be transferred to your computer. If you want to transfer all those photo from your computer to your iPhone, still, you have to rely on the help of iTunes.
Read this article and it will show you how to transfer photos from computer to iPhone or iPad in detail.