I am having problems performing an iCloud back up on my iPhone 6 plus. Every time I back up my iPhone is performed the following message always appears “The latest backup could not be completed”. I have not previously had a problem with my iCloud backup on.
It seems that a number of users have had problems backing up to iCloud. It took you practically all day in order to get your apple devices to successfully backup. Maybe it was one of the most frustrating experience you have ever had with your iOS devices. Don’t be too anxious, this article tackles some of the most common iCloud backup issues, some of the suggestions in here may work for you.
- If a message says that your last backup couldn’t be completed
- Check that you’re connected to Wi-Fi.
- Reset Network Settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
- Delete older backups that you do not need. To do this, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage
- If there is an iOS update, upgrade your device
- Reset your device by holding down the home button and the sleep/wake button together until the screen goes black and you see the Apple logo.
- Delete your last backup. After your backup is deleted, tap Settings > iCloud > Back up and turn iCloud Backup off then on again. Then tap back up now.
- If your device won’t automatically back up at night
- Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on in Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Backup.
- Connect your device to a power source.
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure that your device’s screen is locked.
- Check that you have enough available space in iCloud for the backup.
- How to make sure that the data were backed up to iCloud?
If you turn to Apple for help, you will be told the only way to see what is in an iCloud backup is to erase your device and restore it to that backup. However, I would like to recommend iFonebox to you. It’s a powerful iOS data recovery program that is capable of recovering up to 17 types of data such as text messages, calendar events, WhatsApp messages, photos, call logs, etc. It also enables you to view and save data from device or backup. Moreover, it’s absolutely safe.
iFonebox applies to almost all iOS devices, it’s necessary to opt for the right version for your computer.
Step one: Run iFonebox and enter your Apple ID
Run the program, then just click the “Recover from iCloud Backup” at the top right of the software. You’ll be asked to sign in with your Apple ID account and password correctly.
Step two: Download data from iCloud backup
After you have selected an iCloud backup to download, it will start the downloading process. You can select all to download.
Step three: Scan data and preview
Click on each icon to start scanning automatically. It will take some time, you should wait patiently. After the scan finished, you’re allowed to view the data, then the instruction is accomplished.