A message tells me that my phone has not been backed up in 34 weeks! In order do so, it must be locked hooked up to a server and locked! All that has been done with no backup! How can I back up my iPhone? Please help!
If you receive such a notification, there are a couple of things you can try. To let iCloud automatically back up your device each day, here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on
- Connect your device to a power source.
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure that your device’s screen is locked.
- Check that you have enough available space in iCloud for the backup.
Disadvantage: You can only get 5GB of iCloud storage for free
If you continue having issues, try running a backup through iTunes
Method one: Back up through iTunes
- Open iTunes and connect your device to your computer. Unlock your phone and chick “Trust this computer”
- Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod when it appears in iTunes and just click “Back up now”.
- When the process ends, you can see if the backup finished successfully on the Summary screen in iTunes.
Disadvantage: You can never access that backup and the only way to recover data is to restore the entire backup. It will overwrite everything else on your device.
Method two: back up data by using iFonebox
iFonebox is a reliable and handy iOS data backup tool. It’s capable of transferring up to 17 kinds of data from your device to computer like contacts, photos, voice memos, call history, safari bookmarks, etc.
Here we list some main features of the program:
- Very easy to use
- 100% safe
- Will not wipe out current data on your device
- Come with a preview function
- Selectively recovery/back up data
- Save you a lot of time
It has two available versions: Windows version and Mac version, please make sure to download and install the correct version for your computer. Then you can follow the next steps to back up your device easily.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Connect your iPhone to the computer, in this interface, you’ll see “Next” in blue area, click it to continue. It’s necessary to enable the flight mode and keep the USB cable connected stable during the progress.
Step two: Scan data
Take tests for example, it will scan automatically after you click the “Messages” icon, the duration depends on the amount of your data so it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Back up data
After the scan completes, a list of texts will show up on your program interface. Just choose the items you want and click the “Recover to pc”.