My iPhone XR turns on automatically! And there is no obvious damage or cracks. I have no idea what might have caused for my camera to open by itself. I have tried restarting my phone several times and updating it but it still does not work. Help please!
Recently, some users have complained that their iPhone XR cameras turn on automatically. If you have the same experience, keep reading to learn some real solutions.
- Remove the iPhone case
A metallic or magnetic case might affect performance. Test the camera without any of these to find out if they’re causing the issue.
- Restart Your iPhone XR
- Press and hold the Side button and either volume button until the slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
- After your device turns off, press and hold the Side button again until you see the Apple logo.
- Update your device to latest iOS 12.2
iOS 12 brings performance improvements and exciting new features to iPhone and iPad and it also includes some bug fixes. To update your device, you could follow these instructions:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- If it shows there is an update available, just tap “Download and Install”.
- Reset all settings
This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before. Just go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
- Completely restore your iPhone XR with iTunes
- Connect your iPhone XR to your computer and launch iTunes.
- When asked, tap “Trust” on your iPhone.
- Click Device and then Summary on the computer screen.
- Next, click “Restore iPhone” and then again click “Restore” to complete restoring your device.
- Turn to Apple for more help
If your camera still isn’t working, there might be something wrong with the hardware. You can take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.