My phone broke down because of an electrical problem. Luckily I back up the phone nearly 2 months before with a password. I want only to export the contacts information immediately without any phone connection. I know my password. Is it possible? Thank you for your help.
If you have sensitive data in your phone, you may choose to encrypt your backup through iTunes. You should always remember the password you set because without it, not even with your iCloud password will you be able to access that backup. But is it possible to recover only photos from an encrypted iTunes backup? According to Apple, there is no way to restore the phone other than to make it a new phone, and you may lose all your important data because the restore from backup process is all or nothing. Actually, you can absolutely download only pictures from encrypted iTunes backup if you turn to iFonebox for help.
iFonebox is a professional iTunes backup tool that can help you extract various kinds of data such as photos, videos, notes, text messages, contacts, voice memos, safari bookmarks, call records, reminders, calendar events, messages from WeChat/ WhatsApp and many more. The following are some of its main features:
- It provides 3 different recovery modes to get back lost data: recover from iOS device, recover from iTunes backup, recover from iCloud backup
- It allows you to read all the recoverable data before the recovery progress
- You can extract whatever data from the encrypted backup thanks to its preview function
- It’s compatible with a large arrange of iOS devices, including iPhone X
- It has a clear and user-friendly interface
- It’s capable of scanning your iPhone/iPad/iPod directly even without a backup file
- It’s highly effective and protect your privacy well
Just download and install iFonebox on your computer now. It is available for both Mac and Windows. It’s necessary for you to download the suitable version for your computer. Next we will show you the detailed instructions to extract just images from encoded iTunes backup.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Click Recover from iTunes Backup File, you’ll see all backups you have listed in the interface, choose the right backup, then click “Select” button to begin, it will ask you for the backup password.
Step two: Scan data
It will automatically after you click the “Photos” icon, it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Recover data
Now you can recover the data you want from backup. Choose the items you want to restore and click the “Recover to pc”.