How do I retrieve a contact that I accidentally deleted? I tried restoring the iPhone from a backup but it’s corrupted and won’t let me do it, that’s why I am looking for a solution. Please help! Thank you very much.
How to retrieve deleted/lost contacts? Officials say the only thing you can try is to restore your device from a backup like iTunes and iCloud if you have one. As far as I know there’s not a way to access the corrupted backup. In this circumstance, I’d say your only option is to try some data recovery tools. As a professional and trusty iOS data recovery software, iFonebox is designed to help you restore lost data even if you don’t have a backup file. Let’s take a look at some of its main features:
- You can also use it to extract 17 different types of data including notes, contacts, call history, text messages, safari bookmarks, WeChat data, WhatsApp data and more to your computer
- It is compatible with almost all iOS devices and all versions of the iOS operating system, the latest iOS 11 included
- It comes with a preview feature that allows you to selectively get vanished data back
- It also ideal to download iCloud/iTunes backup documents without restoring the backup to your iPhone
- It’s very easy to use and the progress will not lead to further data loss
As time goes by, your iPhone probably holds a lot of data. You have messages, contacts, photos, videos, voice memos and even third-party app data, it is not very surprising that it can be very easy to lose some of the data on your iPhone. This is one of the reasons why it’s very important to back your data up. With the help of iFonebox, you’re able to separately move files from device to computer and make them visible. Sounds great, right?
Before we start the instructions, you need to download the program to your computer. iFonebox has two available versions: Windows version and Mac version. Please make sure to install the right version for your computer. Once you have installed the program, next I will show you how to undelete missing contacts.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Connect your iPhone to the computer, in this interface, you’ll see “Next” in blue area, click it to continue. It’s necessary to enable the flight mode and keep the USB cable connected stable during the progress.
Step two: Scan data
It will scan automatically after you click the “Contacts” icon, the duration depends on the amount of your data so it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Get back data
After the scan completes, a list of contacts will show up on your program interface. Now you can recover them, choose the items you want and click the “Recover to pc” or “Recover to device” button.