What’s new in iOS12.1.1?
Features and improvements include:
- Notification preview using haptic touch on iPhone XR
- Dual SIM with eSIM for additional carriers on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
- One tap to flip between the rear and front-facing camera during a FaceTime call
- Live Photo capture during one-to-one FaceTime calls
- The option to hide the sidebar in News on iPad in landscape orientation
- Real-time text (RTT) when using Wi-Fi calling on iPad and iPod touch
- Stability improvements for dictation and VoiceOver
Bug fixes include:
Fixes an issue where Face ID may temporarily become unavailable
Addresses an issue that prevented visual voicemail from downloading for some customers
Fixes an issue in Messages that could prevent predictive text suggestions when typing on the Chinese or Japanese keyboards
Addresses an issue that could prevent Voice Memos recordings from uploading to iCloud
Fixes an issue where time zones may not have updated automatically
What you need to do to update your devices?
- Check compatibility
If your device supports iOS 11, you can update to iOS 12.
- Know your passcode
If you have a passcode set up on your device, make sure that you know it so you can update to iOS 12.
- Have your Apple ID ready
Your Apple ID gives you access to all Apple services, like iCloud and the App Store. If you don’t know your Apple ID or password, we can help.
- Free up storage space
Make sure there’s enough space on your device to install iOS 12.
- Create a backup
Back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch so you have a copy of your important information just in case you need it. Learn how to selectively back up your device without iTunes and iCloud.
- Install iOS 12
You can update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS wirelessly. If you can’t update wirelessly, you can also use iTunes to get the latest iOS update.