I’ve been using the original iPhone, but recently it hasn’t been working well so I am switching to my dad’s old iPhone. I plugged it into iTunes to have it backed up, then I plugged in the iPhone that I want to switch to using, but syncing does not send my stuff over. How do I transfer the backed up contacts to my phone?
We all know that it’s easy to back contacts up using iTunes, the problem is that you can just restore the contacts back and the process will wipe existing data. However, if you are no fan of iTunes and don’t want to erase all your content and settings, then you will have to look for a third-party tool, which is capable of extracting and transferring contacts from iPhone to iPhone without losing data. iFonebox is a professional iOS backup extractor that is able to download documents from backups with ease. Take a brief look at its main features:
- It can quickly identify over 17 different files like contacts, photos, voice memos, videos, call logs, safari history, reminders, WeChat data, WhatsApp data, etc.
- The preview function will show you all the recoverable infornation
- You are allowed to restore particular content instead of restoring the whole backup
- It’s very easy to use and completely safe
- You can even get back the lost data from your device directly if you don’t have any backup file
- After the progress, all the existing data on your device will be remained as before
- Apply to almost all kinds of iOS versions, including the latest iOS 12
Actually, it can do much more than move contacts from one iPhone to another, it also has been outstanding in backing up iPhone/iPad/iPod touch data. If you want to pick up the important data on your device selectively and move it to your computer, iFonebox is a good choice. Besides, all instructions are simple and can be finished in several minutes.
It is one of the best software available and fully compatible with both Windows and Mac systems. It’s necessary for you to download the suitable version for your computer. Next we will show you the detailed instructions to help you easily migrate contacts between two iPhone devices.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Click Recover from iTunes Backup File, you’ll see all backups you have listed in the interface, choose the right backup, then click “Select” button to begin.
Step two: Scan data
It will scan automatically after you click the “Contacts” icon, it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Recover data
Now you can recover the data you want from backup. Choose the items you want to restore and click the “Recover to device”.