When you try to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes you might see an alert message that says: “The iPhone cannot be synced.” Don’t worry, here are the solutions.
Method one: General troubleshooting of restoring an iTunes backup
- Restart your computer and your iOS device.
- Update your iPhone to the latest iOS version.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
- Turn off third-party security software to see it fixes the issue.
- Make sure that there’s enough available space on both your iPhone and computer. To free up more storage space, you could manually delete some data that you don’t need.
- Sync a small amount of content at a time.
- Delete and re-import content.
- If you still need help, contact Apple Support.
Method two: Safely transfer data from iPhone to computer via iFonebox
Normally, backing up iPhone content can be done with 2 ways, the first, backing up with iTunes and the second option is to sync with iCloud. However, these two methods tend to be time-consuming and you may often encounter some errors. Here we recommend you with a third-party tool called iFonebox if you’re prefer to transfer specific files from iPhone to computer, like contacts, photos, calendars, messages, call logs, safari bookmarks, videos, voice memos, WeChat data, WhatsApp data and etc.
Before we start the progress, firstly free download the program on your computer. It has two available versions: Windows version and Mac version. Please make sure to install the right version for your computer.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Connect your iPhone to the computer, in this interface, you’ll see “Next” in blue area, click it to continue. It’s necessary to enable the flight mode and keep the USB cable connected stable during the progress.
Step two: Scan data
It will scan automatically after you click the “Messages” icon, the duration depends on the amount of your data so it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Back up data
After the scan completes, a list of messages will show up on your program interface. Now you can back up them, choose the items you want to back up and click the “Recover to pc”.