The new iOS 8 has add a lot of new function, there are two ways you can shoose to update your iPhone/iPad to iOS 8, here introduce how to update iOS 8 through iTunes; you can also updating to iOS 8 over-the-air which is faster and more convenient.
How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8 via iTunes
Firstly, make sure your device is supported. These are the iPhone and iPad models capable of running iOS 8:
- iPhone 4s,iPhone 5,iPhone 5S,iPhone 5C
- iPad 2 ,iPad 3,iPad mini,iPad mini 2,iPad air
- iPod touch 5th generation
- Back up your iPhone or iPad with either iCloud or via iTunes.
- Make sure you’re on the latest version of iTunes. Go to About and then Check for Updates or visit iTunes.com.
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Plug in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if it isn’t already.
- Click on iPhone, iPad, or iPod in the top right navigation.
- Click on the Check for Update button under the Summary tab — alternately, if you’d like to restore your device clean and wipe everything you’d click theRestore option instead.
- An update should be recognized, click on Download and Install in the popup menu and agree to any terms or conditions.
That’s it. Simply leave your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch plugged in and let iTunes do its thing. Once your device reboots, you should be running iOS 8. Just be sure you don’t disconnect until iTunes is done.