I have added somebody who as FaceTime contact but we can’t call or send iMessages to each other. Please help! Thanks in advance!
To use iMessage or FaceTime, you need to activate them on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you see an error message during activation, follow these steps.
When activating iMessage or FaceTime, you might see one of these messages:
- Waiting for activation
- Activation unsuccessful
- An error occurred during activation
- Could not sign in, please check your network connection
- Check your device settings
- Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. If you’re using an iPhone, you need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this SMS.
- Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure that your time zone is set correctly.
- Make sure that your device supports FaceTime. FaceTime isn’t available or might not appear on some iPhones and iPads purchased or used in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and United Arab Emirates, including Dubai.
- Turn off and restart iMessage and FaceTime
- Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
- Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
- Restart your device.
- Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.
- Wait 24 hours to see if this problem can be solved
It might take up to 24 hours to activate iMessage and FaceTime. If the issue continues after 24 hours, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS.
- If you’re using an iPhone, contact your carrier to make sure that you can receive SMS messages.
- Contact Apple Support.
- Get more help
You can also use your email address with iMessage and FaceTime. Sign in to your Apple ID account page and review all the email addresses you have on file, including the one that you’re trying to verify. If the email address is incorrect, you can update it. Then click Resend next to the email address that you want to verify.