What do I need to use Apple Pay?
Here’s what you need to use Apple Pay in supported countries or regions:
- Your eligible device
- A supported card from a participating card issuer
- The latest version of iOS, watchOS, or macOS
- An Apple ID signed in to iCloud
Will I continue to earn rewards and benefits from my credit, debit, or prepaid cards when I pay using Apple Pay?
Yes. When you pay using Apple Pay, you’ll continue to get the rewards, benefits, and security that your credit, debit, or prepaid card provides.
How do I return an item that I bought using Apple Pay in a store?
- On the device that you used to make the original payment, select the card that you want to be refunded. Remember to use the card registered within Apple Pay, not your physical card.
- On your iPhone, hold the device near the reader and authorize the return with Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode. On your Apple Watch, double-click the side button and hold the display of your Apple Watch within a few centimeters of the contactless reader.
Can I continue to use my plastic credit, debit, or prepaid cards if I suspend or remove my cards in Wallet?
When you suspend or remove your cards in Wallet, your device-specific Device Account Number is suspended or removed. You can continue to use your plastic cards.
How secure is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is safer than using a plastic credit, debit, or prepaid card. Every transaction on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac requires you to authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID, or your passcode. Your Apple Watch is protected by the passcode that only you know, and your passcode is required every time you put on your Apple Watch or when you pay using Apple Pay. Your card number and identity aren’t shared with the merchant, and your actual card numbers aren’t stored on your device or on Apple servers.
What if my iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac is lost or stolen?
- You can go to your Apple ID account page or use the Find My iPhone app to suspend or permanently remove the ability to pay from that device with Apple Pay.
- You can also call your bank or card issuer to suspend or remove your cards from Apple Pay.
- You can also call your card issuer or Suica Support (050-2016-5005) to suspend or remove your cards from Apple Pay.