I got an iPhone 8 for now a month and today it fell down, about 2 feet. The glass is cracked. Fortunately, the phone can still be used! What’s my next step? I wonder how to back up only contacts before I get it fixed through Apple.
To protect your information and save time, follow these steps before you get service for your device:
- Make sure activation lock is off
- Back up your iOS device if necessary
- Bring your sales receipt, in case your service requires proof of purchase
- Remove SIM card and screen protector from your device
- keep your cable and charger
PS: How to turn off activation lock
Having your iPhone screen damaged is a common occurrence. On the one hand, you need to get the iPhone repaired as soon as possible. On the other hand, it’s important to back up your data to prevent data lose, such as contacts. If you can’t figure how to save only contacts from iPhone 8 with broken screen, I think you can turn to iFonebox for help.
As a professional iOS data recovery software, iFonebox is committed to recovering up to 17 kinds of data, like contacts, photos, call logs, calendar events, safari bookmarks, WeChat messages/ Attachments, WhatsApp messages/ Attachments, text messages, etc. Here’re some main features you can know the software better:
- Three excellent kinds of working modes: recover form iOS devices/ recover from iTunes backup/ recover from iCloud backup
- Apply to all kinds of iOS devices: including iPhone X
- Ease of use: a 10-year-old can use it too
- Extract data from device or backup selectively: download only contacts from iphone 8 with cracked screen
- Save the retrieved notes, contacts and texts to iPhone directly.
- 100% security guarantee
However, iFonebox can do much more than recovery. It’s also a fantastic and handy data transferring tool, it enables you to transfer as many as 17 kinds of data as I mentioned before. It will be a good helper for you to reduce the risk of data loss in case of iPhone lost/ stolen, water damaged, careless deletion and many other scenarios.
It’s necessary to download and install iFonebox on your computer before use it to extract only contacts when iPhone 8’s screen is fragmentized. It works for both Windows and Mac computer, so you should choose the correct version for your computer.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Connect your iPhone 8 to the computer, in this interface, you’ll see “Next” in blue area, click it to continue. It’s necessary to enable the flight mode and keep the USB cable connected stable during the progress.
Step two: Scan data
It will scan automatically after you click the “Contacts” icon, the duration depends on the amount of your data so it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Recover notes
After the scan completes, all the existing contacts will show up on your program interface. Now you can recover them, choose the items you want to store and click the “Recover to PC” button.