My child has disabled my iPhone 8 with multiple wrong passcode tries. I have never backed up to a PC but have a basic iCloud backup. I remember all passwords and passcodes. Can’t connect with PC and restore. Can anyone give me some advice on how to download iCloud backup to my desktop and parse its data? Thank you!
Is there a way to download your iCloud backup to desktop to see what is actually in that backup? You may have many versions of backups to choose from, but how do you know which one to choose? If you like to figure this out and see if there is something you lost before so that you can delete all of these backups to have more iCloud storage, I would like to recommend iFonebox to you.
With the help of this powerful program, you’re allowed to not only save iCloud backup to computer without device, but also extract target information from it. The following are some main features so that you can know the application better:
- Three independent working modes: recover from iOS device, recover from iTunes backup, recover from iCloud backup
- Powerful: can be used to recover/extract as many as 17 kinds of data like contacts, photos, notes, texts, call logs, safari history, WeChat data, WhatsApp data, etc.
- The preview function: it will show you all the recoverable contents of the backup
- Selective recovery: you can save a part of iCloud backup to computer instead of restoring the whole backup
- It’s highly effective, very easy to use and completely safe
iFonebox has two available versions: Windows version and Mac version. Please make sure to download and install the right version for your computer. Once you have installed the program, keep reading to learn the instructions on how to preserve iCloud backup to computer.
Step one: Run iFonebox and enter your Apple ID
Run the program, then just click the “Recover from iCloud Backup” at the top right of the software. You’ll be asked to sign in with your Apple ID account and password correctly.
Step two: Download data from iCloud backup
After you have selected an iCloud backup to download, it will start the downloading process. You can select all to download.
Step three: Scan data
Take voice memos for example, click on “Voice Memos” icon to start scanning automatically. It will take some time, you should wait patiently.
Step four: Preview and download data
Now you can select the memos you want and click “Recover to pc”, then the instruction is accomplished.