If you use iCloud for your contacts its because you want them every where and don’t want to have to worry about losing them. Not ever. Unfortunately we’ve had some readers report that, after performing a software update on their iPhone or iPad, their iCloud contacts went missing is action. Luckily there’s no reason to panic. The contacts aren’t really gone, they’re just no showing up properly. Best of all, it’s easy to fix!
If you didn’t have backup you iPhone/iPad, How to get back delete/lost contacts? see Quickly Get Back Lost iPhone Contacts Without Backup
How to get disappearing iCloud contacts back after updating your iPhone or iPad?
- Lauch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Find the Contacts toggle. For some people, this is turned to Off. Turn it Onagain. If asked, tell iCloud to replace your contacts.
- If Contacts is already turned On. Toggle it Off and then On again.
- If asked, choose Delete from My iPhone when turning iCloud contacts off. Don’t worry, they’re still stored in iCloud so they’ll come right back down. We just want them to be replaced by what iCloud has saved.
Don’t worry about hitting the delete button on your iPhone or iPad. That only removes them from your local device. (If you want to double check, log into iCloud.com from your computer’s web browser and you can verify your iCloud contacts are all still there, safe and sound!)
If you’ve lost your contacts after an update, give this a try and then let me know in the comments if it brought back your iCloud contacts! if not, see more solution below~
- Three methods to restore the contacts on iPhone5S/5C/5/4S
- Selectively Restore iPhone Contacts from iTunes backup
- How to set up a new iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad with iCloud
- How to free up iCloud storage space by deleting unused Documents in the Cloud
- How to transfer data from old iPad to new iPad with iCloud
- How to Delete iCloud Backup on iDevice/Mac/Pc/
- How to Sync Apple iPhone, iPod or iPad with iCloud