To transfer data on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, plentiful iOS users prefer iTunes or iCloud. However, restoring a backup can run into some challenges. First of all, it’s a time-consuming task and it requires you to erase your device first. In this article, we are going to share some effective methods to help you share contacts between two iOS devices without iTunes or iCloud.
Method one: Use AirDrop on your iOS devices
- Make sure the two devices are close together and within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
- Make sure that both devices are signed in with the same Apple ID.
- Click “Contacts” on your old iPhone, then tap “Share Contact”.
- Tap the AirDrop user that you want to share content with.
Note: If you forgot your Apple id password, click here to reset the password.
Method two: Use Quick Start
- Bring the two devices close together.
- Set up your new device with your Apple ID when the quick start screen appears on your old device. Please make sure that it is your Apple ID that you want to use.
- You will see the animation on your new phone, just hold your current device over the new device, then center the animation in the viewfinder. There would be a prompt message says “Finish”.
- Type your old device’s passcode on the new device.
- Set up Touch ID or Face ID on your new device.
Method three: Share contacts between two iOS devices through iFonebox
iFonebox can provide you an easier and effective way to move your contacts between two different devices. It enables you to regain only texts which means you don’t have to download the entire backup. It’s necessary for you to download the suitable version for your computer. Next we will show you the detailed instructions.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Click Recover from iTunes Backup File, you’ll see all backups you have listed in the interface, choose the right backup, then click “Select” button to begin.
Step two: Scan data
It will scan automatically after you click the “Contacts” icon, it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Recover data
Now you can download the data you want from backup. Choose the items you want to restore and click the “Recover to device”.