Question one: What if your display doesn’t respond to touch?
If your display, or part of your display, doesn’t respond, you might need to force restart your device:
- On iPad Pro 11-inch and iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation): Press and immediately release the Volume Up button, then press and immediately release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
- On iPhone 8 and later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Then press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
- On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
Question two: What if your display is too sensitive?
- Restart your device.
- Make sure your screen is clean and free of any debris or water.
- Disconnect any Lightning accessories.
- Remove any cases or screen protectors.
- If your display continues being too sensitive or completes actions without being touched, contact Apple Support.
Question three: What if your screen is black or if your device won’t turn on?
- Plug in your device and let it charge for up to one hour.
- force restart your device
- Update your device via iTunes
- Contact Apple Support if none of them work
Question four: What if your display is too dim or too bright?
If your display is too dim or too bright, you should adjust the display settings on your device.
Method one: Adjust brightness in Control Center
- On an iPhone X and later, or iPad with iOS 12, swipe down from the top-right corner of your display. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, or on an iPod touch, swipe up from the bottom edge of your display.
- Drag the brightness bar up or down to adjust the brightness.
Method two: Adjust brightness in Settings
- Go to Settings > Display & Brightness.
- Drag the slider to the right or left to adjust the brightness.
If you don’t see your issue below or need more help, contact Apple Support or take your device to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Keep in mind to back your important data up before the inspection.