Just activated my new XS yesterday. I had previously been using a 6s with iOS12 (with no reception issues). When I receive a call at my house, it’s garbled or just silent on the other end. Anybody have the same experience?
If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad, or can’t connect to a cellular network or cellular data, follow these steps:
- Check your coverage area
Make sure that you’re in an area with cellular network coverage. Then follow these steps:
- To turn cellular data on or off, go to Settings, then tap Cellular or Mobile Data. If you’re using your iPad, you might see Settings > Cellular Data.
- If you’re traveling internationally, make sure that your device is set up for data roaming. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Data Roaming.
- Restart your iPhone or iPad
- Check for a Carrier Settings update
To manually check for and install a carrier settings update:
- Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
- Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you’ll see an option to update your carrier settings.
- To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > About and look next to Carrier.
- If you insert a new SIM card into your iPhone or iPad, you need to download the carrier settings for your new carrier.
- Take out the SIM card and put it back in
If the SIM card is damaged, or doesn’t fit in the SIM tray, contact your carrier.
- Reset your Network Settings
Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.
- Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest iOS versions
- Contact your carrier
- Verify that your account is active and in good standing.
- Make sure there are no outages in your area.
- Check that your device isn’t blocked from receiving cellular services and is set up with the right data plan.
- Get more help
If your carrier confirms that there’s no issue with your account or network, but you still can’t connect to a cellular network, contact Apple Support.