With Personal Hotspot, you can share the cellular data connection of your iPhone with another device. I think everyone’s a bit confused re the personal hot spots issue! If you need help with Personal Hotspot, follow these steps.
Use these steps first:
- Check that Personal Hotspot is turned on in Settings > Personal Hotspot. If you can’t find or turn on Personal Hotspot, check that your wireless carrier enabled it and that your wireless plan supports it.
- Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS.
- On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.
What if you can’t connect to Personal Hotspot with Wi-Fi?
On the device that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > Personal Hotspot, then follow these steps:
- Make sure that Personal Hotspot is on.
- Remember the device’s Wi-Fi network name and password that appear on this screen. If you want to change the Wi-Fi network name, learn how to change your device name.
- Stay on this screen until you connect your other device to the Wi-Fi network.
- On the device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot, follow these steps:
- Turn Wi-Fi off and back on.
- Make sure that you connect to the correct Wi-Fi network. The network name is the same as the iOS device that provides Personal Hotspot.
- If you see a password error when you try to join Personal Hotspot, check the Wi-Fi password: On the device that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > Personal Hotspot to see the Wi-Fi password.
What if you can’t connect to Personal Hotspot with USB?
To avoid unnecessary data charges, turn off Personal Hotspot when you don’t need it. If you don’t, every time you plug your iOS device with Personal Hotspot into your computer to charge, your computer will connect to Personal Hotspot.
What if you can’t connect to Personal Hotspot with Bluetooth?
- Turn Bluetooth off and back on: On your iOS devices, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
- Unpair your device: On the iPad or iPod touch that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
- Restart all your devices.
- Pair your devices and try again to connect to Personal Hotspot.
- If you still can’t connect, contact Apple Support to get help with your iPhone.