I had an iPhone XS for about 2 months. While I was out in the rain the other day with it in his pocket it has somehow got water damaged. Has anybody else heard of this situation? Please help!
It is quite common for phone devices to get wet. Learn what to do if your iPhone gets wet accidentally.
Part one: How to prevent liquid damage?
- Swimming or bathing with your iPhone
- Exposing your iPhone to pressurized water or high velocity water, such as when showering, water skiing, wake boarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on
- Using your iPhone in a sauna or steam room
- Intentionally submerging your iPhone in water
- Operating your iPhone outside the suggested temperature ranges or in extremely humid conditions
- Dropping your iPhone or subjecting it to other impacts
- Disassembling your iPhone, including removing screws
- Minimize exposing your iPhone to soap, detergent, acids or acidic foods, and any liquids. For example, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, sunscreen, oil, adhesive remover, hair dye, and solvents.
Part two: What should I do if my iPhone gets wet?
- If a liquid other than water splashes on your iPhone, rinse the affected area with tap water.
- Wipe your iPhone off with a soft, lint-free cloth—for example, a lens cloth.
- Make sure that your iPhone is dry before opening the SIM tray.
- To dry your iPhone, tap it gently against your hand with the Lightning connector facing down to remove excess liquid. Leave your iPhone in a dry area with some airflow. Placing your iPhone in front of a fan blowing cool air directly into the Lightning connector might help the drying process.
- Don’t dry your iPhone using an external heat source or insert a foreign object, such as a cotton swab or a paper towel, into the Lightning connector.
Part three: Is it possible to get my lost data back if my iPhone is water damaged?
It’s really frustrating when your iPhone goes broken badly or becomes dead. It may take a long time before getting your iPad fixed, it’s really imperative to find ways to recover data from water damaged iPhone. Now don’t worry. iFonebox can help you fix it as long as you backed you device to iTunes or iCloud before.